The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children have their first orthodontic evaluation by the time they reach 7 years of age. Dr. Peter Lee and our team welcome children to our office as early as age 6 so that we can evaluate orthodontic needs and provide early orthodontic care in San Francisco, California. We invite you to contact OPDSF Orthodontics at (415) 681-8500 today for more information and to schedule your child’s appointment with our orthodontist.
Early orthodontic treatment is advantageous because a young child’s teeth have not finished erupting; this allows us to guide their eruption and address any problems at the earliest possible stage. Whether your child needs removable or fixed appliances, early orthodontic treatment can help to:
- Provide more room for crowded erupting teeth
- Preserve space for teeth that have not yet erupted
- Create facial symmetry by manipulating jaw growth
- Reduce the possible need for tooth extraction
- Reduce the overall treatment time
When you bring your child to our practice, our orthodontist will be able to determine whether treatment is needed and when it should begin.