Dr. Peter Lee and our team are pleased to provide Invisalign® treatment with mandibular advancement in San Francisco, California. These Invisalign aligners are the first FDA-approved clear aligner that can correct Class II malocclusion (overbite). The aligners do not need hardware to perform skeletal correction.
How Does It Work?
Invisalign aligners with mandibular advancement are made with the same smooth, comfortable plastic as standard Invisalign aligners. Unlike standard Invisalign aligners, however, they feature precision wings made from SmartTrack® material. The wings are between the first molars and premolars. When you bite down, the wings hold the lower jaw in a forward position. This causes the lower jaw to shift forward into its ideal position and grow into its ideal size. Invisalign aligners with mandibular advancement also simultaneously align the teeth.
What Are the Benefits?
The advantages of Invisalign with MA include, but are not limited to, the advantages of standard Invisalign treatment. Invisalign with MA:
- Is more cost-effective than traditional overbite treatment
- Has no food restrictions
- Straightens the teeth and moves the lower jaw forward simultaneously
- Are removable
- Are nearly invisible, so children and teens can smile with pride
- Can be worn while playing sports or instruments
- Have no extra appliances to fit